Edible York would urge all those interested in the future of food across York to support Good Food York and help to make York a Sustainable food City.
York is now a member of the Sustainable Food Cities Network!
The official launch of Good Food York will take place at the Quaker Meeting House, Friargate, York on Monday 12th November at 6.00pm.
We will have six key speakers who will each give a short presentation, from their individual perspectives, about the main challenges to the sustainability of food provision in York.
They will be followed by a light (Pay-As-You-Feel) supper of locally-sourced food and an opportunity to explore with others how innovative solutions can be found and implemented.
Discussions will focus around -
● Promoting healthy and sustainable food to the public
● Tackling food poverty, diet-related ill health and access to affordable healthy food
● Building community food knowledge, skills, resources and projects
● Promoting a vibrant and diverse sustainable food economy
● Transforming catering and food procurement
● Reducing waste and the ecological footprint of the food system
Good Food York recognise the key role that food can play in responding to some of today’s most pressing social, economic and environmental challenges and are taking a joined up approach to transforming our local food culture and food system. We believe that the food we eat should be
Good for people
Good for the local economy
Good for the planet
Please do come – your presence will make a difference. We would prefer that you book via https://grow-the-movement-tickets.eventbrite.co.uk to give us an idea of numbers and to help with catering without waste.
We plan to have an information exchange display so please bring any information you want to share about your organisation, contact details and any future events you may be running.