Edible Open Gardens open in 2017:
We have built a map of the open gardens, so you can plan a tour of the ones you would like to visit..
Gardens on a Google Map - click the link below. A list of the gardens is shown with details and cycling and walking route suggestions.
- Low Moor Community Kids' Allotment - 10:00-12.00 Kilburn Rd, off Fulford Rd. Post code YO10 4JG. The Kids' Allotment is immediately alongside the allotment car park.Visit and see the allotment at work tended by the group of children.
- Red Tower, Navigation Road - 10.00 - 4.00. Visit the food growing beds very close to the city walls. Light refreshments will be served, plus a chance to look round the old Red Tower building.
- River bank at rear of Novotel, Fishergate YO10 4FD. Bed of autumn-fruiting raspberries. There are steps from the start of Fishergate to the river path, or approach from the other end or from Novotel grounds. This bed will not be staffed.
- Barbican Beds Fawcett Street,YO10 4AG Edible York's public veg bed 11.00-3.00 - see page Barbican Bed.
- New Earswick Sleeper Path - 2.00-4.00 - community garden and allotment. Off Station Avenue close to the river Foss, YO32 4BN. A range of vegetables, herbs and some fruit, along with bees, butterflies and possibly frogs.
- Explore - York Central Library - Library Lawn Garden. Museum Street, YO1 7DS. Open 9.30 - 4.00. Open to all, no staff present. This is a new garden where stone coffims have been planted with herbs and vegetables.
- Peasholme Green YO1 7PW - Edible York's public veg bed - 1.30-4.00pm. Local buses and Coastliner stop nearby. Car parking at Sainsbutry's. See page - Peasholme Green
- Greenfields Garden, Greenfields, Haxby Road, YO31 8LA. 10.00-4.00. Wide range of fruit, vegetables, herbs, flower borders. Close to cycle paths and bus stops, resident-only carparking. Garden members on hand throughout.
- St Clement's - the Nose organised by Planet South Bank - 2.00-4.00, Nunthorpe Road. Includes two composting workshops at 2.30 and 3.30pm. Tea and refreshments available in the church.
- Woodthorpe community beds - 12 noon onwards. New for this year - introduction of herbs, and a chance to join in the regular gardening session.
- St Nicks - 1.00 - 4.00. On cycle path route. No 6 bus stops nearby on Melrosegate.
- Leeman Road Garden on Balfour Street, YO26 4YU. 10.00 - 12.00. Refreshments served.
- Holgate Carriage Garden - at Holgate Allotments, opposite the Fox pub 10-12. New community garden being created as well as the old railway carriage being renovated to create a community space and teaching garden.
- York Art Gallery edible garden. Access via the Museum Gardens, available until gates close.