Edible Open Gardens open in 2017:
We are building a map of the open gardens, so do pop so you can plan a tour of the gardens.
--> Coming soon...(Gardens on Google map or pdf - with suggested walking & cycling route)
- Low Moor Community Kids' Allotment - 10:00-12.00 Kilburn Rd, off Fulford Rd. Post code YO10 4JG. The Kids' Allotment is immediately alongside the allotment car park.Visit and see the allotment at work tended by the group of children.
- Red Tower, Navigation Road - 10.00 - 4.00. Visit the food growing beds very close to the city walls. Light refreshments will be served.
- River bank at rear of Novotel, Fishergate YO10 4FD. Bed of autumn-fruiting rasberries. There are steps from the start of Fishergate to the river path, or approach from the other end or from Novotel grounds. This bed will not be staffed.
- Barbican Beds Fawsett Street,YO10 4AG Edible York's public veg bed 11.00-3.00 - see page Barbican Bed.
- New Earswick Sleeper Path - community garden and allotment. Off Station Avenue close to the river Foss, YO32 4BN. A range of fruit, herbs and some fruit, along with bees, butterflies and possibly frogs.
- Explore - York Central Library - Library Lawn Garden. Museum Street, YO1 7DS. Open 9.30 - 4.00. Open to all, no staff present. This is a new garden where stone coffims have been planted with herbs and vegetables.
- Peasholme Green YO17PW Edible York's public veg bed - 2.00-4.00 see page - Peasholme Green
- St Clement's - the Nose organised by Planet South Bank - 2.00-4.00, Nunthorpe Road. Includes. composting workshops at 2.30 and 3.30
- Woodthorpe community beds - 12 noon onwards. New for this year - introduction of herbs, and join in the regular gardening session.